I thought I'd share with you a bit more of the Angel Bunny I'm making at the moment...
Here's the front piece, with the embroidered 'robe' (I don't want to call it a dress, angels don't really wear dresses do they?). I used some very easy-to-sew-with silver thread called Ophir by Coats. I used backstitch. You don't need to separate the threads which is a bonus when using metallic threads, I find that really difficult. The picture doesn't capture the effect of the silver thread but it's very shiny!
Then I embroidered the sleeves of the robe in backstitch and glued on the hands (or should that be paws? Yes, Joey). I finished the paws off my stitching around them in a matching thread.
I embroidered the features in split-stitch because I find it's quite 'controllable'; you can quite easily create tiny intricate outlines and go around tight curves without any bother, though I don't think it's the most beautiful stitch. It's quite utilitarian I suppose.
I don't know about you, but I cannot make something without taking it apart and changing some part of it at least once along the process. I've been quite good at planning this piece, but I did have to change her mouth. If you look below, I hadn't outlined the whole mouth in black...
... but I decided that it might look a bit like she's sticking her tongue out! So I unpicked it all, and re-did it like this:
Which I much preferred. Lastly, I embroidered the ears to indicate the 'openings', and filled in the mouth with satin-stitch.
Here is the finished front-piece:
Next jobs will be to embroider the halo and finish the wings.
I promise that I will finish her before Christmas!!