Saturday 11 July 2009

Bunnigami! Simple Origami with Bunnies Part 3

If you've been following this series, you'll have noticed that I'm a couple of days late this posting part 3. Whoops, sorry! I don't know what happened actually. I think I was cooking lentil dhal when I usually remember...

Anyway, here is the latest part, this time you can make a masu box. This is a traditional Japanese model which is meant to resemble a square wooden box which was originally used to measure rice, and later used to drink sake (rice wine) from. I don't recommend using yours to drink wine from though!

You may need to click on the image of the instructions above to get a clearer view. If you get stuck, just leave a comment below.

You can use any sort of paper, but it needs to be precisely square. If you want to make a small box, you will need to use lightweight paper, like cheap printer paper or cheap wrapping paper. If you want to make a very large box, you will find that it holds its shape better if you use thick paper like sugar paper (contruction paper in the US) or even wallpaper.

Have fun!
Joey x

Next Thurs 16th July: a waterbomb!

2 comments:

  1. Great instructions. Following your excellent workshop I made some more of these boxes using card ( a bit more tricky to fold than paper!) but they are very useful for storing small buttons and sewing bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Julia! Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I'm really glad that you've been able to carry on with making origami since the workshop. I think it's a lovely way to enjoy pretty paper.
    Best wishes!
    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so please go right ahead! Thanks in advance for your message. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

TweetThis