Sunday 10 February 2008

Christmas Returns


Sheffield at Night, originally uploaded by Joey 7.

I got into "am-dram" (amateur dramatics) about a year ago, and for a few months I was in a small company and performed on stage. It was a fantastic experience and although i'm giving acting a rest at the moment (its damn hard work! and time-consuming...), it did pique my interest enough to see more plays. One of the many good groups in Sheffield, in my opinion, are the Tudor Players, and tonight I saw my third play of theirs, "Comfort and Joy" by Mike Harding. Although the play is set at Christmas it didn't seem strange to be watching it in February, and it was an enjoyable night out. There was plenty of gentle, slightly cheeky humour and silliness.
One of the highlights had to be when the character Crispin tried to act out "Coronation Street" in a game of charades by jumping up and down and maniacally flapping his arms like a demented hen! His explanation for this absurd behaviour was "I thought of coronation chicken..." hahaha!

Their next play will be "The Odd Couple" by Neil Simon, 13th to 17th May 2008, at 7.15 p.m. in the Library Theatre, Tudor Square, Sheffield city centre.

More of my photos from the play: http://flickr.com/photos/joey7/sets/72157603878066718/

Tudor Players' website: http://www.tudorplayers.net/welcome/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so please go right ahead! Thanks in advance for your message. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

TweetThis